Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Introduction Blog by Sean Roper


Welcome! My name is Sean Roper, and during this semester of Physical Geography I will be discussing geographical features of Banks Lake National Park.  Banks Lake is in the North East part of Washington just outside of Spokane.  Every year my family and I hop in the car and travel 26 hours (straight) to Banks Lake, where we have a large family reunion.  I chose this specific location not only because of its importance to me but also because of the extraordinary physical geography on display.  Banks Lake is a part of a man made reservoir called Steamboat Rock National Park/ Reservoir.  The lake is a part of Electric City, Wa and the income the lake provides from tourism is the only source of business this town sees.  However this cities true wealth is not monetary, but rather it lies within the amazing sights and the potential for endless fun that Banks Lake provides!

No comments:

Post a Comment